Getting in touch with my favourite children's book illustrator

I thought it would be a bit of a long shot trying to get in touch with Mr Jeffers as I thought he would be super busy but i was really glad that he acknowledged my email and sent me this short but appreciative reply:

Oliver Jeffers
To Katy Jones

Hello Katy,
Thanks for the email and the very kind words.
I have attached a document of FAQs which should cover all your questions.

Regards,

Oliver


06/12/2010
Reply

Katy Jones
To oliver@oliverjeffers.com

Dear Oliver,

My name is Katy Jones and I'm a student at Stockport college, currently studying illustration in my third year as a degree and I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions about your work as I could possibly be your number one fan! I have a presentation on who inspires/influences me and I thought it would be a good idea to see what inspires your work?

If it is possible for you to reply, I was wondering if i could kindly have your permission to show this email and your reply on my blog?

These are the questions I would really like to ask you:

1. What first triggered a passion for illustrating children's books?


2. What is your favourite all time children's book and why?


3. Have any aspects of any children's book you have read made you take note and subsequently then added to your own repertoire?


4. What qualities do prospective clients look for in a candidate?


and finally...!


5. What aspects of your work do you feel make you stand out from others in your field?


Thank you for taking the time to read my email, as I've said i'm a huge fan of your work and i'd love to hear any input or advice you have as illustrators.
I look forward to your reply,

Best wishes

Katy Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment