My edited final images



This again, is probably another one of my favourites along with my wolf/knife and fork image simply because it's one of the most abstract. I've named it 'The Kiss' because this is taken from my printed image of the Wolf and Little Red closely facing each other. I found it hard to transform my wolf into something more fierce rather than a bull terrior so added some teeth and cut out his eye just like i have for every wolf in each image. I was also going to keep the nice shape of Little Red which was originally surrounded by that curvy shape but again, it looked too much like a scene so to make it more interesting, i got rid of her and used the curvy shape to symbolise her womanly figure. I added to hearts to act as her assets and they also symbolise the theme of the image. The cross and arrow is a subtle touch to explain the physical attraction between them both.



This one is based on Little Red's journey to her grandmother's house. The cake is here simply because that is what she is taking to her. Instead of just throwing a few trees in here and there, i thought i'd fill the red silhouette with trees to make it look like the area of the forest. The arrow is directing her towards the house and the wobbly shape surrounding her symbolises the path. It's called 'The Journey to Grandma's house'.



I've kept to the original idea and called this image 'Natural Cycles'. This was from one of the 4 titles i was going to base it on and i wanted to keep it because i liked the wolf i had already printed with his huge gangly arm. It needed adjusting quite a bit so made the arm reach out around the box a bit more and instead of using the original red printed sun, i swapped it for a more intellectual diagram of the solar system for contrast between line and print. My other sun looked a bit crude and clumsy but i still used the same idea. Really pleased how this one turned out, although i noticed o e thing i'd forgotten to do...make the bottle look 3D! I'll correct it in time for the exhibition.



A bit like the 'Evolution of Wolf', i created the 5 little red females for the same reason, to show age because this was to show 'ritual'. You probably will have seen my 5 original little reds already in a previous post but i've changed them quite a bit since then as they appeared to be a bit too cartoony. Instead, i tried to make them look more like the female sign on a toilet. I was really chuffed with how the stick and ink drawing of the big little red turned out, looking a bit saucier and sexier with age to show her less innocent side so i thought i'd add her for a bit of contrast. I've called it 'Evolution of Red'.




I call this image 'Operation'. It is linked to the 'Caesarean' image but i wanted to make it look a bit more clinical and set a bit of a scene- not too much though! we like abstract ;) again, this depicts when the wolf gets cut open but this time with a saw as if the grandmothers bedroom has been turned into an operating theatre.




Again, this image is related to one of my original interpretations of the story 'Sexual Awakening'. As you can see, the pattern on the butterflies wings depict a females reproductive system and the curvy shape sat on top of the feet actually turned out to look like an egg! I didn't intend for that to happen but once i added the yellow circle, it turned out that way which i'm quite glad about seen as eggs feature in this subject! I decided to keep this theme because of the relationship between little red and the wolf in the Grimms brothers version of the story.




This is one of my favourites. I like it because it's abstract with the upside down tree and the wolf having a knife and fork for legs. I added them to symbolise him eating little red and the tree to create a sense of place as the forest. i've named it 'Tea time'.



The title of this image is 'Death of Innocence'. I decided to keep it simple but this represents the death of little reds grandmother after she has been eaten by the wolf. I was going to add a pair of glasses to make it more obvious but wanted to keep it simple.




When i was originally sticking to the four themes, the 5 wolves i created represented 'Ritual'. This is basically showing the wolf evolve from an innocent dog like animal into a big nasty mean animal. Each time he grows, he gains an item of the grandmother's clothing. This would also show him getting older. Its titled 'Evolution of Wolf'.



This image is called 'Caesarean'. The wolf is being cut in half by the scissors in order to rescue little red and her grandmother. The woodcutter does this before stuffing rocks inside the wolf and then sewing him up.

No comments:

Post a Comment