Joan Miro...

Here are just a few of Miro's work i looked at whilst trying to put my elements and main collagraph images altogether. I like how he keeps the colour palette simple and even though to some people it might just look like a simple colourful image, there's always a story behind each one. He proves that 'less is more' and this is the approach i want to take. Some elements can be unnecessary and your image may only need 2 elements in order to tell the story. This is what i need to remember.

"The spectacle of the sky overwhelms me. I'm overwhelmed when I see, in an immense sky, the crescent of the moon, or the sun. There, in my pictures, tiny forms in huge empty spaces. Empty spaces, empty horizons, empty plains - everything which is bare has always greatly impressed me." Joan MirĂ³,



No comments:

Post a Comment