Dennis Juan Ma


Besides the textured collage illustrations which i'm usually interested in, I came across Dennis Juan Ma's work which I thought had a similar feel to the Container Plus images which i've been looking at whilst doing the 7x7 brief. I love images that combine real life photographs and ink pen drawings that look really crisp on the page. His drawings are inspired from Chinese traditional paintings, Japanese Ukiyoe and American comic art. The characters that I drew for the 7x7 brief are very detailed and I enjoyed working this way because they were how i used to draw before i came to college. I would like to combine my textured collage technique with the detailed black and white drawings in my current phobia's project. Images to show this will follow shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment