I'm not really sure why exactly, but for some reason I'm fascinated by 'The Scream' by Edvard Munch. I love how he described it: 

”I was walking down the road with two friends when the sun set; suddenly, the sky turned as red as blood. I stopped and leaned against the fence, feeling unspeakably tired. Tongues of fire and blood stretched over the bluish black fjord. My friends went on walking, while I lagged behind, shivering with fear. Then I heard the enormous, infinite scream of nature.”

When i saw it, it was the first time that a painting had struck me and to me, it drips pure emotion. I don't believe that the man himself is screaming, more like it's his inner self, the person he's keeping locked away inside. It suggests frustration, anger and annoyance - basically when something's getting to me or i'm having a bad day, this is what I feel like.

No comments:

Post a Comment