'Creating a Sense of Place'...final major project ideas

For my Final Major Project, my idea is based around themed rooms and a brief that i found online for an award winning hostel called Piccadily Backpackers. It contains 700 bedrooms located in Piccadily Circus, providing accomodation for budget travellers from all over the world. It's called 'Project: Hostel Art' which allows illustrators and designers to expose and allow upcoming illustrators the opportunity to display their works inside a young, youthful environment that accomodates travellers from around the world. Basically, the canvas will be in the format of an entire room and the project has no boundaries meaning that us illustrators are free to design the room however we like, keeping in mind that it will also be lived in. You can portray a message, an environment, a dream....or in my case, a fairytale which is exactly what i'm going to do.

It took me forever to think of an exciting idea for my FMP but when i stayed at a beautiful hotel in the Lakes with my boyfriend last year called Gilpin Lodge, i knew exactly what i wanted to base it on. Here is the link to Gilpin Lodge's website so please take a look: www.gilpinlodge.co.uk

Being one of Britain's best small country hotels, Gilpin Lodge is a charming Lakeland Home in the breathtaking surroundings of the Lake District. I particularly liked it because each room has its own individual style and fine attention to detail, making it different to any hotel i'd seen before. I have sent Barney, the owner of Gilpin Lodge, an email to ask for some more in depth information on each room and what the inspiration behind each room was so i will post his reply on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment